How to Turn off 5G on iPhone?
iPhones are considered the most secure phones in the market. The iPhone market is growing rapidly. More and more people are purchasing iPhones. Nowadays 5G technology is in trend. People are shifting to 5g technology because it provides better internet speed.
5g technology is the next-generation technology for mobile networks and evolution of 3g and 4g that promises fast speed and increased network connections. But some people want to turn off their 5G due to many reasons. Here are some possible reasons why people want to turn off 5g on iPhone and other devices:
- Battery issue
5G uses a lot of battery life.
- Users can’t run 5G in a dual sim mode.
- The 5G network consumes data at a faster rate in comparison to others.
- 5G is not available everywhere and because of this people can’t use it everywhere.
- 5G speeds really fucks sometimes. Even 4G provides more speed than 5G. So because of frustration, people may want to turn off their 5G.
- Some people think that 5G is adversely affecting their health. ( Which is not true according to studies. 4G,5G affect their health in the same way.) And that is why people may want to turn off 5G on iPhone.
As you know, iPhones don’t have a good battery capacity. They drain the battery very fastly. In addition to that 5G uses a lot of battery. So because of this issue, there can be a lot of people who want to turn off their 5G. Because 5G in iPhones drains a lot of battery.
People who don’t know how to turn off their 5G on their iPhone can take help from this article. Here I will tell you in steps about how you can turn off your 5G.
How to turn off 5G on iPhone 12?
If you have an iPhone 12 then you don’t have to worry about how you can turn off 5G on iPhone 12. Here I will help you in solving your worries step by step:
- Open the “settings” option on your mobile.
- Go to the “cellular data” option available in the settings of your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Voice and Data” option appearing on your screen.
- Click on the “LTE” option to turn off 5G connection on your mobile.
- After this, your mobile will use only a 4G connection.
- If you turn off your 5G connection then you can have 20% more battery usage. Because if you use 5G on iPhone 12 then it drains 20% more battery.
The next basic question that will hit your mind is how will I know my iPhone is using 5G/4G?
The iPhone provides visual symbols on the display screen. Following are the symbols that will help you to know:
5G: If the 5G symbol appears on your notification bar then it simply means your iPhone is using a 5G connection.
4G/LTE: If this appears on the top of your screen then it is indicating that your mobile is using 4G technology.
How to turn off 5G on iPhone 12 Pro Max?
This setting is inculcated in the iPhone because of the battery. 5G drains a lot of battery.
Settings to turn off 5G on iPhone 12 pro max is the same as iPhone 12. Follow the steps given below to enable/disable the 5G on iPhone 12 pro max:
- Go to the settings
- Open the “cellular data” option.
- After that, you will see some options appearing on your display.
- Go to the “voice and data” option.
- Turn on/off 5G. Whatever you want to do. If you wanna turn off 5G then you can do that.
- If you wanna turn on 5g then you enable that option.
This version of iPhone has many of the same features as the iPhone 12. You can easily know what type of connection your iPhone is using.
If you wanna know about the connection that your iPhone is using then you can simply follow the same steps as you follow in iPhone 12. Because features of both these models are the same.
So you can easily get to know what type of connection your mobile is using just by looking at your notification bar.
How to turn off 5G on iPhone 13?
If you have purchased an iPhone 13 then when you have turned its data on for the first time, it will automatically try to connect to a 5G network.
If you are not aware of the mobile settings wholly then it can be difficult for you to turn off your 5G.
Follow the steps that I am telling you to turn off 5G on iPhone 13:
- Open the “setting” app on your mobile.
- Tap on ” data options” appearing in your settings.
Remember that the user who has a dual sim in their iPhone has to select the sim that they want to change settings of.
- Click on “voice and data” and then select LTE/4G.
- After selecting LTE your 5G will get turned off and from now onwards your iPhone will work 4G network until you change it to 5G.
- You just have to follow the above-mentioned steps to turn on your 5G again.
How to turn off 5G on iPhone 11?
Here I will let you know if you can turn off your 5G in case you want to turn it off. Here are the steps for it:
- Visit the setting on your iPhone.
- Then go to cellular data options.
- After that, you have to tap on voice and data
- Click on LTE/4G to turn off your 5G. After this 4G will work on your mobile until you turn on 5G again.
I hope this article will help you to solve all your worries regarding turning off 5G on the iPhone. Here I have told you about different models of iPhones.
- How To Take Screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S10 5G | A22 5G | A51 5G | M32 | A52s 5G
- 5G Vs LTE[4G]: Difference Between 5G and LTE[4G]